How Mobile Apps Are Changing the Doctor-Patient Relationship
May 24, 2017 / wishhealth / Medical Apps
Technology has greatly impacted our lifestyle. Be it educational institutions or medical field, usage of internet has increased at the rapid rate. Apart from the websites and social networking platforms, mobile applications have become a proven solution to numerous complex problems, especially in the medical field. The prevalence of electronic gadgets including tablets, smartphones and e-notebooks has enabled medical professionals and patients to get free, flexible and easy access to the required health information. With this, the relationship between doctor and patient is changing dynamically. Let’s discuss some main points that how patients and doctors are benefited from the invention of healthcare apps.
Have a Look at The History of Healthcare-Technology Integration:
In 1970, the revolution began in the healthcare industry when first of its kind self-monitoring blood glucose device came into existence. Although this was not some kind of mobile app, still it empowered patients to know about their health on their own without visiting the laboratory every time for the check of their blood glucose levels.
With time, various apps and devices were developed to increase the communication between doctor and patient which helped in the improvement of their relationship.
As the time passed, patients became capable of gathering more information about their health status with the help of technology that we will be discussing in the upcoming paragraphs.
The Current Scenario
The main reason for the evolution of the healthcare industry is the “rapid growth of mobile solutions”.
As we already discussed, the focus of the healthcare industry in the past was to manufacture and deliver the best quality medical equipment only. Nowadays, the focus has been shifted towards finding more and more mobile solutions, that resulted in the development of numerous mobile healthcare apps.
Listed Are Some of The Mobile Managed Applications of Healthcare:
For Hospital Staff:
Gone are the days when nurses & doctors used to go to every patient bed for the routine checkup of admitted patients. They had to record everything manually, which increased the chances of human errors, especially during night shifts. In today’s era, the hospital staff and medical professionals make frequent use of mobile apps. This invention has made their life easier & better in many ways from reducing the patient care stress to repetitive visits for medication.
Let’s check out how these mobile apps are helping the hospital staff in better management and patient care:
- Workflow procedures have become more efficient.
- Elimination of the manual intervention mistakes.
- Easy monitoring of vitals with the help of trackers.
- Reduction in the chances of drug manipulation or diversion.
- Sharing of care plan and tips with patients.
- Real-time tracking of medications.
- Better monitoring, diagnose and treatment of the diseases such as analyzation x-ray reports, diagnose of symptoms or getting information about the vital statistics.
- Easy access to the quality medical information.
- With the use of recommendations option, doctors can make better decisions in case of confusion as some mobile apps offer evidence-based research results.
- The reviews are given by medical experts about the medical apps ensure the clinical safety of the apps.
- Suggestions, Research reports, Electronic test results, E-books, Published journals are easily accessible through these mobile apps.
We are not saying that medical professionals should completely rely on mobile apps as we cannot ignore the disadvantages of the same. We have already discussed about the easy access to the information but this advantage can lead to chaos sometimes. Sorting out the relevant information from the big database becomes a difficult task for the doctors in some cases leading to more complexities.
Also, read this: Get a Doctor’s Advice in Minutes with Mobile Apps
In an emergency, when your family doctor is out of the station and you have no idea about the other doctors’ availability, the mobile apps are a great help. You might have heard of the applications that let you know about the list of the local specialized doctors including the address, timings, charges, contact number like information with a single tap on your phone. Not just these, healthcare apps warn you about excessive calorie intake, less exercise or inform you about the ideal diet requirements.
Thus, patients can take the charge of their health care by getting the physiologic data delivered through the smartphones and other electronic gadgets. With this, relationship between doctors and patients is getting better day by day. Check out some other uses of these apps:
- Reminder setting options for different medications within set time intervals.
- Medications refilling reminders and assistance.
- Easy recording of information about consumption and prescriptions.
- Easy tracking of baby’s development and brief guidance about labor/birth for pregnant mothers.
- Regular health and wellness information.
- 24/7 online access to health assistants.
- Easy access to routine checkup such as respiratory rates monitoring.
- Online appointment booking with doctors.
- Better communication with the doctors in terms of getting information regarding their health improvement, guidelines/tips, test result analysis and more.
- Video/Audio chat provides immense help in case of emergency situations.
- Booking cancellation, waiting list, fees and charges, recommendations like options can easily be accessed with the apps.
For Complete Healthcare:
Apart from the hospital staff and patients, healthcare centers are also focusing on staying in touch with the patient’s records to do the complete analysis of their health without admitting them in the hospital for long. On the other side, with the increasing demands of patients, it has become necessary for the healthcare industry to provide them the better solutions in an efficient manner.
Here comes the role of mobile apps, which are helping the industry in keeping their entire list patients at priority without compromising the quality of treatment. These mobile apps are solving minor issues on their own thus saving time and cost of both the parties.
- Increases the patient satisfaction level by quick responsiveness.
- Simplified co-ordination with the staff and patients.
- Saves time by manual checking of each patient’s health parameters.
- Better patient care and the recording of their health documentation.
- Efficient integration of media like test report images, surgery videos or health updates with a single app.
- Avoids confusions and miscommunication.
However, this is not the end! The technology will continue to help the medical field with new & unique inventions. It would be not wrong to say that in the near future, people will be able to do the lab tests such as kidney & liver function and potassium level test at their homes by connecting the mobile devices with the healthcare apps. Also, the existing apps will become more capable of providing best & accurate results in a user-friendly manner.